Thursday, September 25, 2014

My 25 birthday in Mada

A huge thank you to all my friends and family for all the warm birthday wishes! I honestly smile with every post, text, and phone call!
 I'm a birthday kind of person, not the kind that needs a  'birthday week' but I surly do love a good birthday! 

My 25 birthday wasn't what I expected. Which was to eat an amazing meal that I didn't cook and have a glass of wine/Gold 8 ;) with some friends and maybe go out dancing until the sun came up. 
But I had an average (yet rainy) day, which consisted of doing my own laundry by hand, cleaning my house, and met with my girls' club, which we do every Wednesday. But I got a nap in (and who can honestly complain about naps?) and girls' club karate lessons were exhausting (yet fulfilling) and we had a good laugh at our coordination skills. We danced and hung out- not until the sun rise but at least until the sunset that day. I received a wonderful banner and a hair scrunchy from my family and the girls! 
So, in a day I had a perfect balance of time alone to clean and read and then I spent the day with people who I truly care about that don't even celebrate, let alone know when their own birthday is.

My 25 birthday was an average day for me in Madagascar, but when everyday is pretty great I guess I couldn't ask for anything more. And I guess these are some of the little lessons I learn with age.

Thanks again everyone! I really do appreciate all the birthday love!  

Girls' group with karate teacher, Ygaya! 

My Malagasy mom and brother with the banner they gave me. "Lord, my life relies on you." 

Tsirisoa took a picture of me trying to get some birthday love from Laoky! Obviously that wasn't happening...
And last but not least, I had this little ball of sunshine right by my side nearly the whole day through! I love little Tsirisoa- who teaches me to be better person with every passing day! 






1 comment: