Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Let me get the sweat out of my eyes

Below post may seem like complaining. I'm not saying it isn't. 

So, the go-to small chat is to talk about the weather, right? 
Well, that's ALL I seem to talk about, not only because I've mastered that conversation in Malagasy but because the weather here is always on my mind. How can it not be when I'm constantly dripping in sweat? 
The second I walk out my door, sweat. 
While I'm sitting reading a book, sweat. 
While I'm giving a health speech, sweat.
It's embarrassing to describe what it's like when actual physical activity is involved. 
I don't want to eat lunch because it's too hot. 
When I go anywhere I'm practically shadow/shade chasing to stay out of the sun. 
The sad part is I'm not even sure how hot it really is! No thermometer. And the Malagasy of course aren't sweating at all, so that's just the cherry on top when I'm standing chit chatting and I look like  I just finished a marathon, minus the heavy breathing while everyone else is high and dry. 
So, I've mastered the small weather conversation, in fact, I'm not even sick of it. I'm like in a heat stroke everyday, not sure where I am (certainly not Montana) and have to ask, "it is the hot season, right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment