Saturday, January 11, 2014

The first but certainly not the last post about taxi brousses (stations)

I go back and forth on what's worse; taxi brousse stations or actually being in the taxi brousse?
Either way, you're uncomfortable and getting nowhere quickly. 

But this post is about my latest experience in a taxi brousse station.
This was my first time taking a night brousse all by myself. Also, I had already been in a taxi brousse for 35 hours prior to this last stretch towards home. So, for all that know me well, I was slightly grouchy and probably the least pleasant person at the station that day.
I arrive on time, but really, what the hell is the point of that?
I'm assisted by a man, who I reassure that I already have a reservation, but he continues to usher me towards a vehicle. Luckily, my driver recognizes me and gets a hold of me and assists me to the correct van. Earlier man comes with and sits in the empty brousse with me, and with the foggy closed windows because of the rain outside, I'm thinking this is a bad idea!
And I'm grouchy so I don't want to talk to anyone at the moment. I ask him politely why he's there? He says he wants to be my friend. Uh huh... Really? I chat a little, even though it's a tale as old as time that this guy wants a "white girlfriend". Then I ask him politely to leave me alone after the conversation gets weird with the typical "where's your boyfriend" question. He refuses. Calls me a bitch- at least that was clear. Yet, he still wants to be my friend and won't leave. Some people enter the car to sit and wait as well and so I think it's okay to pretend to sleep. Creepo to the left starts petting my head. Yep, definitely not cool. I ask him to leave about nine more times, ask the others to help me out a bit and then finally when I say the magic words of "you're being rude and don't even know your own methods/morals" he leaves. And other passengers agree he was a little "sick in the head". 
Adventure still not over. 
After waiting another  2 1/2 hours in the car, I had to go pee, I'm a well hydrated human. 
 I asked the "driver's assistant", "hey, when are we leaving? Because I've gotta go pee."
He replies with, "now."
YAAA right. "Soooo where can I go pee?"
He replies with, "right there," nods his head in a direction, "behind the brousse."
"Like right in the middle of the taxi brousse station?"
"Ya..."
And so, after being somewhat harassed, I went pee in the middle of a taxi brousse station in the pouring rain. First time for everything. Thank God I didn't have to go number two and that we left shortly after that. 
That day, the taxi station took the win for being worse than the actual ride. 
Not a rare occurrence. (But that's not even the car I was in, my driver is the one in the white shirt doing nothing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment